About this Event
Let's demystify Solidworks together! Design for your 2D & 3D projects. (Fusion 360 users welcome)
This is a gentle introduction, but it will require some basic 3D software knowledge plus a passion to make!
1) Intro to the 2D profile sketch.
2) Sketch constraints for sheet metal.
3) Thinking about parametric design.
4) Create a 3D sheetmetal base flange.
5) Developing the Flat Pattern.
6) Preparing the output file.
Bonus: Design Tables for mass customization.
While Solidworks is an industrial design tool, it can be used to help you design a wide range of projects. Stay tuned for more classes geared towards various types of projects.
Special Considerations and Warnings
To get the most benefit from the class, it is recommended to have Solidworks or Fusion 360 installed on your laptop. DMS members have access to the Student Edition of Solidworks. Contact me on talk @albertombravo for help.