Sat Jan 26 11am —
Sun Jan 27 1pm —
Workshop - Open Table Area Central
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||You will learn how to cast a resin-hybrid “Dragon Egg” blank for woodturning
- Cost: Free
- DMS members only
- Attendees require approval from the event host
- Ages 18+
Cancellations for this event must be made before January 26, 2019 — 11:00am.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
Please make note- this is part 1 of a 2 part class and requires intermediate skill in woodturning to participate. Instructor approval will be required for this class.
In this class you will learn how to make a resin and burl wood hybrid blank for turning into a “Dragon Egg”.
• 1.5 hours scheduled
Techniques & Tools
- mold making materials
- calculating resin volume
- measuring resin parts A and B
- pigments, dyes, and effect powders
- pressure casting the blank
- 2 part polyurethane resin (typically Alumilite Slow for woodworking)
- various pigments, dyes, and effect powders used in resin casting
- Burl wood
Cost: The cost is $25 to the instructor as he will be procuring the materials out of pocket, this cost covers both classes.
Special Considerations and Warnings
Please wear clothing that you do not mind getting dirty as you mix the resin.