Wed Aug 15 6:30pm —
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||What Toastmasters is to public speaking, Continuations is to software development.
- Cost: Free
- Attendees require approval from the event host
Cancellations for this event must be made before August 15, 2018 — 6:30pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
Come and code with us! Continuations is a 2-hour structured event designed to move your Ruby/Rails project forward and provide constructive feedback to make you a more valuable developer. What Toastmasters is to public speaking, Continuations is to software development. All levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
For example: your project could be a personal/startup project, a particular problem you’re stuck on at work, or a tutorial or book you’re working through. If you’re new to software development, we’ll help you setup your laptop for Ruby/Rails development and identify what to focus on next.
• Each meetup will begin with a 15-minute Codewars challenge to warm up with pair-programming
• The Codewars challenge will be followed by a handful of lightning talks for 15 minutes.
• Beginning at 7:00pm, attendees will be paired together for 30 minutes to help each other get over those hurdles. There will be two 30 minute sessions, each followed by a brief "what we learned and accomplished" review.
• The meeting will conclude with presenter evaluations, next meeting's role assignments, and swag giveaway.
Cross-posted on the Dallas Ruby Brigade's meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/dallasrb/
Special Considerations and Warnings