About this Event
The class will cover the basics of turning a handle, the making of beads and coves in woodturning, and sanding and finishing a work piece.
• 2 hours scheduled, but may not take the entire time.
Techniques & Tools
• Mounting a spindle blank to a chuck
• Turning the spindle into a handle
• Sanding and finishing the work piece
• Sharpening tools after use
• 1.5 x 6 inch wood blank
• Sandpaper and finish
• Lathe tools
Special Considerations and Warnings
Please make sure to wear short sleeves, do not wear any dangling jewelry, and tie back any long hair. Bring eye and breathing protection at all times when using a wood lathe.