Cancellations for this event must be made before July 12, 2018 — 6:30pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
Dallas Maker Space Coin - Fact Finding and Feasibility Discussion
Wouldn’t it be cool for the DMS to have it’s own cryptocurrency coin? This discussion will attempt to answer that question by determining the feasibility/willingness to launch and maintain a crypto network. The following topics will be moderated:
* What problems/functions could a coin solve?
* What transactions could a coin facilitate?
* What team is necessary to launch and maintain a network?
* How and what is necessary to maintain a market for the coin?
* Do we have any legal and technical restrictions being a non-profit?
* What are the monetary costs?
By the end of the discussion the goal is to have clear direction on if there is willingness to launch a coin, and the type of team necessary to push forward a project. If it is clear that it would be beneficial to launch a coin, building the team, determining the type of coin and launching a project, and will be follow-up events.