Thu Jun 21 6:30pm —
Creative Arts Studio
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||We will be making a Drawstring Leather Project Pouch suitable for small fiber art projects, holding a large volume of small project pieces, or even dice. See attached photos for example.
- Cost: $8.00
- DMS members only
- Ages 18+
Cancellations for this event must be made before June 20, 2018 — 6:30pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
Techniques & Tools
• Measuring and marking your work piece to a template
• Cutting Leather
• Using adhesive tape to hold the leather in place for sewing
• Prepping the sewing machine
○ winding a bobbin reel, installing a special leather sewing needle, and threading the machine
• Sewing leather on a machine
• Using the Lace maker
○ cut thin strips of leather for the drawstrings
• 3oz finished upholstery leather
• Leather sewing needle
• Masking tape
• Lace maker
Special Considerations and Warnings
If you have not been signed off on the sewing machines, or have prior sewing machine operation experience but still want to take this class, please reach out to the head of the sewing SiG for a 101 class or one on one overview.