Mon Jun 4 7pm —
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||Learn to program an image into a stitchable embroidery file using SewArt64 software
- Cost: Free
- DMS members only
- Ages 16+
Cancellations for this event must be made before June 4, 2018 — 7:00pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
This class will teach how to program an image into an executable embroidery file using the SewArt64 software that resides in Creative Arts. After this class you should be able to program your own embroidery using SewArt64.
This class is a lecture with computer demonstration. No tools, equipment or safety gear are required for this class. Below there are links to two handouts; the class presentation and a SewArt64 quirks document. I will not be printing the handouts.
Techniques covered include:
• How to use the SewArt64 software
• Preparing and cleaning up the image inside SewArt64
• Digitizing the stitching
• Optimizing your image for successful embroidery
• Stitching (programming) strategies
• SewArt64 quirks. There is a link to a handout detailing quirks of the SewArt64 software but we will not discuss those in depth.
We will not cover:
• Generating the image outside of SewArt64
• Drawing using the (rudimentary) SewArt64 tools
• Using the embroidery machine or stitching the program
Special Considerations and Warnings
I need a volunteer to help me move the computer from CA into Lecture Hall 30 minutes before class and move it back right after class.
This is the beta version of this class. I’m not certain exactly how long this class will take. I’d appreciate it if people who are willing to spend 15 minutes after the class offering specific feedback and critique to improve this class offering for a larger audience.