Fri May 18 7pm —
Creative Arts Studio
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||Learn how to make a leather notebook cover for a Field Notes style notebook.
- Cost: $5.00
Cancellations for this event must be made before May 18, 2018 — 7:00pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
We will be making a Leather Field Notes cover. See attached photo for example. Leather will be slightly different than pictured.
• 2 hours scheduled, but may not take the entire time.
Techniques & Tools
• Cutting Leather
○ Use a template to mark the 3 pieces needed to make the cover, and use a box cutter to cut the pieces to size.
○ Marks the stitch line used by the diamond hole punch.
• Diamond Hole Punch
○ Creates diamond shaped holes along the stitch line.
• Threading Needles
○ Proper technique prevents the thread from slipping out while saddle stitching.
• Saddle Stitching
○ Stitches the leather together
• 5oz finished utility leather
• Harness Needles
• Thread Snips
Special Considerations and Warnings
We will be using a sharp box cutter, leather needles, and a thread snipper.