About this Event
Come and code with us! Continuations is a structured event designed to move your Ruby/Rails project forward and provide constructive feedback to make you a more valuable developer. What Toastmasters is to public speaking, Continuations is to software development. All levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
For example: your project could be a personal/startup project, a particular problem you’re stuck on at work, or a tutorial or book you’re working through. If you’re new to software development, we’ll help you setup your laptop for Ruby/Rails development and identify what to focus on next.
• Each meetup will begin with a brief recap of the previous event's progress, followed by a 4 minute lightning talk & evaluation.
• Each attendee will provide 1) what they're working on, 2) what they recently accomplished, and 3) what hurdles they need help with.
• Attendees are expected to volunteer to help others get over their hurdles. Those receiving help will move their project forward, and those doing the helping will gain experience mentoring.
Event wrap up:
1. Choose a primary and backup lightning talk speaker for the next event.
2. Record each attendee’s progress during event: what they needed help with, how far they moved their project forward, and who helped them.
3. Record each mentor’s "even I learned something new" moments.
4. `Array#sample` swag giveaway.
Special Considerations and Warnings