About this Event
Often seen but never used. Wanting love but always hated. The NextEngine 3D scanner has had a often maligned reputation for poor 3D scans that can take a millennium to acquire. Not anymore. The beast has been tamed.
You will learn.
1. The proper technique for setting up your object to be scanned!
2. How to scan the greatest area with the fewest scans!
3. Why you don't need to set the scanner at "infinite" resolution to get great workable scans! Depending on your needs, a lower scan resolution may be all you really need!
4. How to acquire the software for post processing, so that you can fine tune your scan on your super fast home computer!
5. How to easily export the .stl file directly to KISSlicer and throw it into a PolyPrinter!
6. How to 3D scan your face and then use the .stl file to 3D print your face!
7. But that's not all. Bring a small object to class and I may pick your object to show the class, in real-time, how we set it up to scan, and pick the proper setting for the best scan!
Start imagining the possibilities of reproducing broken parts in your car or engine and then milling them in the HAAS. Reproducing parts that you may need more of. "Repairing" broken objects that can put back together in software, then 3D printed or milled for that "brand new" feeling!
See you then,
Special Considerations and Warnings
Bring and interesting object to scan and get hands on training!
Cane's Chicken Strips!