Sat Jan 13 7pm —
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||Learn to etch a circuit board!
Cancellations for this event must be made before January 12, 2018 — 7:00pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
I'll demonstrate how to turn a circuit design into an etched PCB. This is a fast, inexpensive alternative to carving a circuit board with a CNC.
Here are the steps to making a PCB. I'll discuss all the steps and demonstrate steps 3-6.
1. Design the circuit.
2. Print circuit out on photo paper using a laser printer.
3. Iron print of circuit onto PCB using a clothes iron.
4. Remove photo paper, leaving behind toner.
5. Etch away excess copper cladding from PCB.
6. Rinse PCB and remove toner.
7. Drill through holes if necessary.
8. Solder components to board.
Special Considerations and Warnings
I'll be using ferric chloride to etch the PCB. It's poisonous if swallowed and can probably cause burns if left on skin or eyes. It will also probably stain clothing or other surfaces. Please avoid unnecessary contact.