About this Event
Vintage Computer Committee will be a wifi security training session.
* Dinner, Meet, Greet and Key Signing
* Kali linux Install fest
* Lecture: Wifi packets and you - Intro to 802.11 networking
* Slide Deck A - Introduction to WPA security with Kismit
* Slide Deck B - Introduction to packet analysis with WireShark
* Live exam
This class is geared towards beginner/intermediate participants. But advance participants are welcome.
Doing the install fest students will have a chance to setup their own laptop and have get some help with setting up the following:
* Kali Linux or Tails Linux
* Adding security tools to your Linux host
* Virtual machine swaps (bring external hard drives)
* Building your own hacklab
In this course, students will learn to identify existing vulnerabilities in wireless networks and execute organized wifi attacks in a controlled and focused manner. We believe the best penetration testing training is hands on!
Students are expected to provide their own lab equipment from laptops, routers, and wifi cards. Most access points can be used for the course exercises although some variations may occur. The instructor will provide two access points for classroom instruction. However your wireless card must be injection-capable so please refer to the Aircrack-ng wiki to verify compatibility.
Challenge rating: 4/10 stars
Instructor: Dwight Spencer (@Denzuko) -