About this Event
- First I will go over hot process safety so everyone gets that prerequisite for this course
- I will go over how/where to buy steel in DFW so that you don't get taken advantage of
- I will talk about some common alloys of steel/aluminum and their applications.
- I will discuss various ways of cutting/bending metal
- Finally, I will answer any questions I can about metalworking and point you to future classes you might want to take.
- Will discuss welding if there is time (I will sign off those who are already familiar with welding after a quick check)
Special Considerations and Warnings
A pair of safety glasses will be required, standard corrective glasses are fine if you already wear glasses normally. Close toed shoes(no sandals) and long pants(jeans/natural fabrics/no polyester) are required.