Sun Jul 25 4pm —
Classroom - Interactive
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||We will learn how to test and create glazes from scratch
Cancellations for this event must be made before July 25, 2021 — 4:00pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
In Part One of Ceramic Glaze Science, we will learn how to read a recipe and create our own glazes. In this first installment, we will work with 3 different types of clear glazes and understand what make a good clear glaze. We will learn how to turn a clear glaze into a white glaze and adjust the surface to our desire.
In future monthly classes we will discuss how different oxides can color our glazes and create more creative and interesting glazes.
You will be allowed to bring up to 5 bisque pieces each to practice how to pour or dip your pieces.
• What make up a ceramic glaze
• Type of glazes and style
• How to read a glaze recipe
• Tools you will need
• Why weighing materials is important
• Understanding the different type of materials used in glaze making
• Type of glaze surfaces
• How to make different type of test tiles and the importance to testing with our clay body and firing
• Importance of sieve
• Understanding Defloccuant and Flocculant effects on glazes
• Measuring specific gravity
Special Considerations and Warnings
Please bring $20 cash to class. This will help pay for materials and supplies required for this class.