Sun Jan 26 10am —
Woodshop - Lathes
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||You will be making a resin-wood hybrid Dragon Egg on the lathe. See attached photos for examples.
- Cost: Free
- DMS members only
- Attendees require approval from the event host
- Ages 18+
Cancellations for this event must be made before January 26, 2020 — 10:00am.
There are no more spaces available for this event.
About this Event
Please make note- this is part 2 of a 2 part class and requires intermediate skill in woodturning to participate. Instructor approval will be required for this class. Class 1 will be 8-10 pm on 1/24/20, and must be signed up for with class 2.
In this class we will be turning a resin-wood blank into a “Dragon Egg”. I part 1 of the class we made our blanks to our own creative whims, and now we will turn that blank into an egg shape on the lathe.
• 3 hours scheduled, but may not take the entire time.
Techniques & Tools
• Mounting the blank, first on centers, then into a chuck
• Turning the blank into an egg shape
• Sanding and finishing the piece
• Final polishing on the buffing wheels
• Sharpening tools after use
• 3 x 5 inch resin-wood hybrid blank
• Sandpaper and finish
• Lathe tools
Cost: $25 to the instructor in class 1 covers both classes.
Special Considerations and Warnings
Please make sure to wear short sleeves, do not wear any dangling jewelry, and tie back any long hair. Bring eye and breathing protection at all times when using a wood lathe.