Fri Jan 24 8pm —
Workshop - Open Table Area South
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||You will learn how to cast a resin-hybrid “Dragon Egg” blank for woodturning
- Cost: $25.00
- DMS members only
- Attendees require approval from the event host
- Ages 18+
Cancellations for this event must be made before January 24, 2020 — 8:00pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
Please make note- this is part 1 of a 2 part class and requires intermediate skill in woodturning to participate. Instructor approval will be required for this class. Part 2 is scheduled for 1/26/20 and you must sign up for both classes.
In this class you will learn how to make a resin and burl wood hybrid blank for turning into a “Dragon Egg” (Resin and Burl wood Hybrid).
• 2hours scheduled
Techniques & Tools
- mold making materials
- calculating resin volume
- measuring resin parts A and B
- pigments, dyes, and effect powders
- pressure casting the blank
- 2 part polyurethane resin (typically Alumilite Slow for woodworking)
- various pigments, dyes, and effect powders used in resin casting
- Burl wood
Special Considerations and Warnings
Please wear clothing that you do not mind getting dirty as you mix the resin.