About this Event
- How should we limit access to weapons?
- Do categories exist outside of the mind?
- Does anything exist apart from physical reality?
- the trolley problem
- How do you define knowledge? What kinds of things can we know?
- Is collective responsibility a valid concept?
- Is there objective truth?
- Is there a God?
- Under what circumstances is abortion okay/what kinds of abortion should be legal?
- Is capital punishment acceptable?
You don’t have to have a degree in philosophy, though if you do, we’d love to learn from you! You can come in just as an observer, too.
Special Considerations and Warnings
If you’re easily offended by ideas you disagree with, this event probably isn't for you.
That being said, we attack ideas - not people - in this group. Don't call people morons just because they disagree with you. Don't even do it if they say something moronic. We want to encourage people to grow in their ability to reason, not shame them into silence.