Tue Nov 5 7pm —
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||Amateur Radio Technician Licensing Class - What is Ham Radio? What is it Used For? And How Do You Get a License?
Cancellations for this event must be made before November 5, 2019 — 7:00pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
Introduction to Ham Radio. This is the first class in a series to prepare for an Amateur Radio Technician Class License.
This class will cover test Subelements T1, T2a, T2b, T3A, T3B, T4.
* What Amateur Radio is used for
* Information about the Amateur Radio Test
* Call Signs
* Regulations and FCC Rules
* Operator and Station License Responsibilities
* Operating Procedures
* Best practices and on-the-air Definitions
* Control Operators
* Methods of Getting on the Air
* License Types
* Station Accessories
* Repeaters and Tones.
We will also be going over terms that have to do with radio waves and electricity, how radio waves travel and their behaviour.