Thu Aug 22 7pm —
Workshop - Open Table Area Central
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||You will learn how to cast a resin pen blank for woodturning
- Cost: $5.00
- DMS members only
- Ages 16+
Cancellations for this event must be made before August 22, 2019 — 7:00pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
In this class you will learn how to make a resin pen blank for turning projects using Alumilite brand resin.
• 1.5 hours scheduled, but may not take the entire time.
Techniques & Tools
- mold making materials
- calculating volume
- measuring resin parts
- usable substrate materials for hybrid casting
- pigments, dyes, and effect powders
- pouring techniques
- vacuum chambers and their uses
- pressure casting
- 2 part polyurethane resin (typically Alumilite Slow for woodworking)
- various pigments, dyes, and effect powders used in resin casting
Special Considerations and Warnings
Please wear clothing that you do not mind getting dirty while mixing the resin.