About this Event
In this class you will learn how to make a resin pen blank for turning projects using Alumilite brand resin.
This is part 2 of a 2 part class in which you will also have made your own mold. Part 1 is 4/26/19 at 6:30pm. Instructor approval is required and you MUST sign up for both parts of the class or your registration will be rejected.
• 1.5 hours scheduled, but may not take the entire time.
Techniques & Tools
- mold making materials
- calculating volume
- measuring resin parts
- usable substrate materials for hybrid casting
- pigments, dyes, and effect powders
- pouring techniques
- vacuum chambers and their uses
- pressure casting
- 2 part polyurethane resin (typically Alumilite Slow for woodworking)
- various pigments, dyes, and effect powders used in resin casting
Special Considerations and Warnings
Please wear clothing that you do not mind getting dirty while mixing the resin.