About this Event
In this class you will learn how make a mold for casting a resin pen blanks out of ½ inch HDPE. The class will cover both design aspects for resin casting molds as well as hands on making of your own mold you get to take with you.
This is part 1 of a 2 part class in which you will also cast your own pen blank. Part 2 is 4/27/19 at 1:30pm. Instructor approval is required and you MUST sign up for both parts of the class or your registration will be rejected. Woodshop Basics or Woodshop 1 & 2 is required as we are using the table saw
• 1.5 hours scheduled, but may not take the entire time.
Techniques & Tools
- project design for resin casting mold blocks
- using a table saw to cut HDPE
- using a hand drill to create pilot holes on your mold
- ½ High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- wood screws
- masking tape
Special Considerations and Warnings
We will be working with woodshop tools, please bring eye and breathing protection.