Sat Apr 27 1:30pm —
Workshop - Open Table Area South
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||You will learn how to cast a resin pen blank for woodturning. Read full description!
- Cost: $5.00
- DMS members only
- Attendees require approval from the event host
- Ages 18+
Cancellations for this event must be made before April 27, 2019 — 1:30pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
In this class you will learn how to make a resin pen blank for turning projects using Alumilite brand resin.
This is part 2 of a 2 part class in which you will also have made your own mold. Part 1 is 4/27/19 at 12pm. Instructor approval is required and you MUST sign up for both parts of the class or your registration will be rejected.
• 1.5 hours scheduled, but may not take the entire time.
Techniques & Tools
- mold making materials
- calculating volume
- measuring resin parts
- usable substrate materials for hybrid casting
- pigments, dyes, and effect powders
- pouring techniques
- vacuum chambers and their uses
- pressure casting
- 2 part polyurethane resin (typically Alumilite Slow for woodworking)
- various pigments, dyes, and effect powders used in resin casting
Special Considerations and Warnings
Please wear clothing that you do not mind getting dirty while mixing the resin.