About this Event
Class Outline: Intro to Fusion/Parametric Design
Fusion is a more easily accessible version of Autocad Inventor or Autocad that provides Makers free access to numerous tools including: paramedic design, tools for organic shapes, sheet metal work, assemblies and finite point analysis. There is also a suite of CNC, 3D print/slicer, and rendering tools that provide an extensive library of tools not found elsewhere in modeling suites. While it has limits, Autodesk Fusion 360 is a powerful tool that will simplify and provide practical options to Makers from day one.
Class 1: Sketch Workspace and Parametric Bodies
• Background, vocabulary, workspaces,
• Troubleshooting, workflow, and more troubleshooting
• Investigate sketch workflow and constraints
• Investigate primitives, investigate additive and destructive design thinking
• Investigate Project to Plane, work planes, fillets, trim, etc.
• Investigate bodies, components, sketches, sections, dimensions etc.
• Investigate 3D parametric shapes
o Boolean Operators, Bodies vs Objects, vs Components
o Reproduce a body from technical drawings.
o Make parametric changes
o Investigate output types, Investigate drawings, .stl, obj
o Introduction to slicer
Special Considerations and Warnings
Laptop with Installed Fusion360 from Autodesk