Tue Mar 19 6:30pm —
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||We will be making a Leather Midori Style Notebook. See attached photo for example.
- Cost: $8.00
Cancellations for this event must be made before March 19, 2019 — 6:30pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
We will be making a Midori style notebook out of veg tan leather. These notebooks are great as it is very easy to refill the paper after a schedule is used up. Pages are held in by elastic cording and the book is bound with the cording and a concho.
• 2.5 hours scheduled, but may not take the entire time.
Techniques & Tools
• Cutting Leather
○ Use a template to mark the 1 piece needed, mark the holes for threading, and use a box cutter to cut the pieces to size.
• Hole Punching
○ Use a hole punch to make holes for the elastic threads and the Concho
• Making 3 paper “Schedules” for the interior of the book
• Threading elastic to hold the schedules
• 5oz finished utility leather
• Hole punch
• leather dye dauber
• leather dye
• leather finish
• Concho or collar button
• Large Arm Stapler
• Printer paper
Special Considerations and Warnings
Please wear clothing that you do not mind getting dirty in the case of a leather dye spill or splash.