Sat Mar 30 2pm —
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
||If you have ever wanted to learn how to play the fun and versatile ukulele, here is your chance! This class is designed for beginners of all types and prior experience levels.
Cancellations for this event must be made before March 30, 2019 — 2:00pm.
Registration for the event is closed.
About this Event
• “I have touched a uke before, but would like to try one out and see what all the hype is about.” Perfect! Join us!
• “I have a uke but haven’t learned how to play it.” Bring it!
• “I learned a little many years ago but have forgotten everything!” Then sign up!
• “But I don’t read music!” Awesome, because we won’t be looking at any!
• “I don’t have a ukulele to use.” No problem! I will be bringing enough to cover every person in class.
We will be covering the following skills:
• Different sizes of instruments, and which size is right for you
• How to hold the instrument
• Tuning the strings before playing
• Basic down and up strumming
• Chords C, F, G
• Great apps for tuning and learning new chords
• How to shop for a ukulele and what brands to trust
I am an elementary music teacher with 15 years of classroom experience. I started playing the ukulele several years ago and now teach it to my students during grades 3-5.
Special Considerations and Warnings
It is much easier to keep humans clean than instruments. If you have just been working in another (possibly messy) area or project, please come with clean hands.