About this Event
This class will de-mystify SEO and teach you to make your content search-engine friendly and reader-friendly. While SEO professionals will tell you that SEO is complicated and difficult, I have a different message: You can do it yourself and get a big boost in the results pages using the practices taught in this class.
What You'll Learn:
• How search engines find your content
- Understand where to put your most important content
- Learn how to format your content for search engines
• Content Formatting
- Elements of Style: The "Perfect" Web Page
- Elements of Style: The "Perfect" Blog Post
• Learn how to make your images "Search-Engine Friendly"
- what and how to edit
- meta-tags and what they're good for
- tools to make this easier
- re-editing and fixing old content
- bulk editing images
- setting up a workflow
Resources and links for WordPress 101 can be found at:
Tony has designed user interfaces and multimedia software for Fortune 500 companies, NASA, and private international clients. He currently designs and builds WordPress sites, is licensed to guide people through the Avatar® Course, and he runs the DFW WordPress Group with over 3000 members.
Special Considerations and Warnings
This is a non-technical class for makers, writers, bloggers, and crafts-people looking to have their web sites rank better in the search engines. There are no pre-requisites for this class. It will be understandable to everyone, no matter their technical expertise level.